It is Christmas time of course.In years past, we have always had to travel somewhere for the holidays. So that was my excuse for why we had a fake tree. But, since we are staying put this year, we got a real tree for the first time since we have been married. It is a beautiful one.
Not only did my parents bring gifts for Joash, but they also brought Christmas gift for us as well. I knew that I wanted my Christmas money to go toward an area rug for our living room. I had found one that I like on-line at Bed, Bath and Beyond, so I decided to just quick run in the store on Wednesday to see if they had one in stock. They did and it was on clearance!

We like it very much. It brings the room together and keeps our coffee table in place.
A fter years of drifting, fifty-year-old Pete Ryman has settled down with his potbellied pig, Pearl, in the small Montana town of Sleeping Grass--a place he never expected to see again. It's not the life he dreamed of, but there aren't many prospects for a high-school dropout like him. Elderly widow Wilma Jacobsen carries a burden of guilt over her part in events that led to Pete leaving Sleeping Grass decades ago. Now that he's back, she's been praying for the chance to make things right, but she never expected God's answer to leave her flat on her face--literally--and up to her ears in meddling. When the younger sister Pete was separated from as a child shows up in Sleeping Grass with her eleven-year-old son, Pete is forced to face a past he buried long ago, and Wilma discovers her long-awaited chance at redemption may come at a higher cost than she's willing to pay. I really enjoyed this book. The characters in it were interesting and unique. While some thing...
Comments