Mataya had her 4 month immunizations yesterday, so today I had an extra tired baby who just wanted to be near mom. Thankfully, she still slept really well, so hopefully she will be back to her normal self soon. The check up went well. She is now 12 lbs, 10 oz and 63 cm long. So she has gained two pounds and grew 6 cm. They were a little concerned about her length to weight ratio, that she may be a bit too slim. But I don't really buy it. We will see what the family doctor says at her check up with him on Monday, but as far as I can tell, she is a happy, healthy and active baby. I don't think she would be nearly as good if she was really hungry all of the time.
A fter years of drifting, fifty-year-old Pete Ryman has settled down with his potbellied pig, Pearl, in the small Montana town of Sleeping Grass--a place he never expected to see again. It's not the life he dreamed of, but there aren't many prospects for a high-school dropout like him. Elderly widow Wilma Jacobsen carries a burden of guilt over her part in events that led to Pete leaving Sleeping Grass decades ago. Now that he's back, she's been praying for the chance to make things right, but she never expected God's answer to leave her flat on her face--literally--and up to her ears in meddling. When the younger sister Pete was separated from as a child shows up in Sleeping Grass with her eleven-year-old son, Pete is forced to face a past he buried long ago, and Wilma discovers her long-awaited chance at redemption may come at a higher cost than she's willing to pay. I really enjoyed this book. The characters in it were interesting and unique. While some thing...
Comments