Skip to main content

17 Months

M(om): Joash, do you know what time it is?

J(oash): Time for some cheese?

M: No Joash. It is time for another interview. You are 17 months old already.

J: I know Mom. I have been 17 months for a week now. Why didn't you do this interview earlier?

M: We were at the farm and it is just easier to do it when we are at our house. So, how is life?

J: It is good, especially now that I am starting to feel better.

M: I know Joash, we were both not feeling well for a while. I will be glad when this is behind us. What things are new in your life?

J: Well, I like that you are finally starting to understand me when I say a few words. Now you know when I want bread, see a clock or a ball, and I can say bye.

M: It is fun to hear you speak a little, though I don't think many other people other than your dad and I could understand you. What other things do you like to do?
J: Well, I still love to read books and go to the library. I also like pointing out all sorts of things in the pictures in my books, especially clocks. And I really like to go outside and walk around. There are so many different things to show you, Mom. Oh, and I like to go fly hunting in the house.

M: How about eating?

J: There are so many good foods! Rice is really good and the food you and Dad eat always looks so good. Thanks for letting me try it.

M: No, problem. Though you are a bit of a moocher. A sleep update for your fans?
J: I am having a hard time getting used to my crib again after sleeping in the Pack and Play for two weeks. But, I still sleep well at night when I fall asleep. Somedays I take a little cat nap in the morning and a longer nap in the afternoon. That seems work well for me. Then I am a happy boy for the day.

M: Joash, you are a happy boy. You make me and a lot of other people smile. Thanks for talking again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wind Blows in Sleeping Grass by Katie Powner

A fter years of drifting, fifty-year-old Pete Ryman has settled down with his potbellied pig, Pearl, in the small Montana town of Sleeping Grass--a place he never expected to see again. It's not the life he dreamed of, but there aren't many prospects for a high-school dropout like him. Elderly widow Wilma Jacobsen carries a burden of guilt over her part in events that led to Pete leaving Sleeping Grass decades ago. Now that he's back, she's been praying for the chance to make things right, but she never expected God's answer to leave her flat on her face--literally--and up to her ears in meddling. When the younger sister Pete was separated from as a child shows up in Sleeping Grass with her eleven-year-old son, Pete is forced to face a past he buried long ago, and Wilma discovers her long-awaited chance at redemption may come at a higher cost than she's willing to pay. I really enjoyed this book. The characters in it were interesting and unique. While some thing...

Emissary by Thomas Locke

When you open the pages of Emissary by Thomas Locke, you enter a world quite different from our own. Magic is practised, but only in certain places and ways. There are legends and myths of what happened thousands of years ago. And a dark, evil force is slowly threatening the peace this world has known for the last thousand years. And the one person who may have the answer to it all is an unlikely hero named Hyam. As a child, Hyam studied in the Long Hall with the magicians who know and practice magic. His gift was to be able to learn languages with an astounding speed. Yet, he was dismissed from the hall and only returned when his mother begged him too on her death bed. Hyam soon discovers he has powers beyond the mastery of language and understand the the fate and future of this world rests in his hands. Along the way, he teams up with Trace, an older magician who leaves his post as Master of a Long Hall to assist Hyam. He also frees a woman named Joelle and their friendship ...

4 Weeks Already

Check out my four week muscles! I can't believe that Joash is four weeks old already. It seems like it was just yesterday that was born. Thankfully things are going really well. Today he had another check up with the public health nurse and he is out of the woods weight wise now. I am so thankful for this. Now we can just do our own thing and let Joash take more of the lead as to when he would like to feed and things like that. He always eats so much better when he wants to eat. As he grows, he is more alert too, which is quite fun. It is pretty clear that he needs his sleep though, too. Today's public health visit overlapped with his nap time and was all out of sorts until 1:00 when he finally settled in for a nap after his second feeding following the public health nurse visit. It amazes me how I can be pretty frustrated with him and then looks at me with his big blue eyes and does something cute that makes my heart melt once again.