Skip to main content

The Wal-mart Cheer

I have heard that one of the reasons Wal-mart is so successful is that they take good care of their employees, strive to have a family like atmosphere between employees, and make sure that all of the employees take pride in their store. I had a glimpse of the Wal-mart pride yesterday morning.

Taking care of the farm also means taking care of my husband's sister, who is Grade 11. Basically this means riding around with her, since she has lots of places she needs to be before and after school and she has her learner's permit, but not her full driver's license yet.

So, yesterday she had band before school and I had Coffee Break at 9. So, she drove to school and then I did some errands in town before going to church for Coffee Break. I was glad that Wal-mart was open already, since most of what I needed to get, I could get there. I was wandering around, when an announcement came over the intercom that all the employees need to meet up front for a meeting. After a while, I was nearing the front of the store when I heard it: The Wal-mart Cheer.

I will admit that I laughed. I had never heard this cheer before and I found it really funny that adults were doing a cheer about the store they worked at. But, I do think it is pretty neat how they do it all over the world. And if is helps people to take pride in their work and make it a better place to shop, that is wonderful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Corn

Mataya got to go with her daddy to check on the corn. It will be ready to harvest soon! They decided to take some pictures. Mataya was so excited, she forgot to let daddy be in the picture. There we go. I thought this was sweet picture of a girl and her daddy.

Emissary by Thomas Locke

When you open the pages of Emissary by Thomas Locke, you enter a world quite different from our own. Magic is practised, but only in certain places and ways. There are legends and myths of what happened thousands of years ago. And a dark, evil force is slowly threatening the peace this world has known for the last thousand years. And the one person who may have the answer to it all is an unlikely hero named Hyam. As a child, Hyam studied in the Long Hall with the magicians who know and practice magic. His gift was to be able to learn languages with an astounding speed. Yet, he was dismissed from the hall and only returned when his mother begged him too on her death bed. Hyam soon discovers he has powers beyond the mastery of language and understand the the fate and future of this world rests in his hands. Along the way, he teams up with Trace, an older magician who leaves his post as Master of a Long Hall to assist Hyam. He also frees a woman named Joelle and their friendship ...

The Wind Blows in Sleeping Grass by Katie Powner

A fter years of drifting, fifty-year-old Pete Ryman has settled down with his potbellied pig, Pearl, in the small Montana town of Sleeping Grass--a place he never expected to see again. It's not the life he dreamed of, but there aren't many prospects for a high-school dropout like him. Elderly widow Wilma Jacobsen carries a burden of guilt over her part in events that led to Pete leaving Sleeping Grass decades ago. Now that he's back, she's been praying for the chance to make things right, but she never expected God's answer to leave her flat on her face--literally--and up to her ears in meddling. When the younger sister Pete was separated from as a child shows up in Sleeping Grass with her eleven-year-old son, Pete is forced to face a past he buried long ago, and Wilma discovers her long-awaited chance at redemption may come at a higher cost than she's willing to pay. I really enjoyed this book. The characters in it were interesting and unique. While some thing...