Skip to main content

11 Months

M(om): Joash, you are getting so big!

J(oash): I know Mom! It is pretty impressive how much I have grown in 11 months.

M: So what is new and exciting in your life these days?

J: Well, some things are pretty much the same. I still like to eat, though my favorite foods seem to change every day. I like variety, Mom. I think my favorite food right now are peaches and bread. I love bread. Dad call me a bread monster because I like to stuff big pieces in my mouth.
M: What other things are the same?

J: I still like books. It is fun to hear the new books that you are getting Mom. I really like the new stories. I also love toys that make noise. I also love my bath and splashing you while I play. The outdoors is great as well. I am glad that the weather is staying nice so that we can go outside a lot.
M: What about sleeping these days?

J: Sleep is nice and waking up is nice. I know that you will come and get me once you hear me talking, so I guess I don't need to cry much any more to get you to get me out of my crib.

M: I like it when you wake up happy Joash. It makes me happy, too.

J: I am glad, Mom.
M: So what things are new in your life, Joash?

J: Well, a few things. First, I have two teeth coming in on the bottom. They feel really weird though, so I like to rub my tongue and lip over them  a lot. The other big thing is that I am figuring out how to pull myself up to stand by things. Like the steps, the coffee table, the kitchen chairs, the bookshelf and you and Dad's legs. Getting down is a little bit trickier, but I am working on it. What is that you say, Mom? It would be easier to get down if I would bend my knees. I don't know, Mom? Putting my hand out and then falling back on my bum works just fine for me.


M: Anything else?

J: Well, I am also getting brave and standing by things with only one hand. I feel pretty grown up when I do this.

M: Are you walking around at all while you are standing?

J: That is a tricky thing too. I don't mind taking a few steps, but I would way rather get down and crawl to where I want to go.




M: Anything else you think people should know?

J: My new favorite things are things with wheels that roll when I push them. I just like turning the wheels some times. Tractors and cars are really cool, Mom!

M: I know Joash. I am glad you like them. You know the next we have an interview, you will be 1! I can't believe it!

J: Come on. I am growing up. That is what kids do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.M Montgomery's Beginning and End

My birthday present to myself this year was to join the Modern Mrs. Darcy Book Club. It is an online book club and I am so excited to be a part of it. I haven't been in book club in a long time, mostly because all of the invitations I get usually end with, "and at our meetings, we usually don't talk about the book very much, so it doesn't matter if you read it or not." What is the point of a book club if you are not actually going to talk about the book? So, anyway, I am excited to be a part of a community of people who read as much as I do and like to talk about what they read.
I was even more excited when I learned that the pick for November was going to be Emily of New Moon. And since I have lived on PEI for almost 7 years and had yet to visit L. M. Montgomery's Birthplace, I figured it was high time. So the kids and I hopped in the van this afternoon and drove through some lovely countryside to New London, PEI.



 The little home is full of all sorts of Mo…

Coming Home from Michigan

Following the Truck Parade, we spent a bit of time at a park near Nick and Dawn's house. And then off to airport. 
We were nicely on time. Check-in went fine, but a little longer because of Gideon not being connected to our family. Security was a breeze and we were soon on our way and in Detroit. We easily found our gate in Detroit, had a 10 minute delay for boarding, but soon enough we were on the plane.
And that it when the bottom fell out. 
While on the plane, the pilots revived notice that Toronto was shut down due to weather. We waited about 20-30 minutes on the plane. They gave us snacks. Then they had us get off the plane and wait in the terminal. Every 30 minutes or so we would be updated that we were still delayed. And we were watching dark clouds and lightening roll into the area surround Detroit, too. Soon, the Detroit airport was shut down too. They brought out snacks and drinks a few different times, but finally around 10 pm (so over 5 hours of being delayed in the a…

A Farm Boy Already

I don't fully understand how this happens, but Gideon already loves the tractor. If he is in the kitchen or the living room and he hears the sound of the tractor, he crawls to the closest window and has a look outside. When he sees it, he often starts drumming on the window sill, so excited. He repeats a little "T" sound, like he is trying to say tractor. He hasn't actually gone for a ride in the tractor, yet. But I think he will be pretty excited to that some day soon.