Skip to main content

Snow Storm - Part 2 - The Day After

The clean-up from this storm is certainly taking a while. We had a total of 86.6cm of snow (2' 10") over Sunday and Monday. We are so thankful that our road was cleared enough that the milk truck could come to empty the milk tank. There was room for 56 liters more, but that was it.We knew the truck was coming, so Wilbert just waited and did this mornings milking a bit late. So, he slept in a bit, which he really needed. We are hoping that the feed truck is able to come today, as we are out. Wilbert had ordered feed for Monday, but obviously that didn't happen. So, he rationed what was left yesterday, but know we are out. The bridge opened again this morning after being closed since Sunday afternoon. Our feed comes from Moncton, NB, so we are now just waiting for it to show up. Other than that, we are good for supplies and food, so we are just staying put for now. 

And now some pictures for you. These first three are taken from the top of the giant snow pile that is between the house and furnace shed. This is where a lot of the snow ends up as the guys clear the yard. It is really tall now. Joash climbed up this morning, but said, "It is bit scary. It is too tall." So I don't think we will be sledding down it anymore. 
 The corner of the house and dairy barn.
 The pig barn and furnace shed.
 The workshop and machine shed.
The kids and I walked all over the farm the morning. It is really nice weather today. Not to cold and not very windy.
The front of the house. Mataya is there along the driveway.
 After the yard was cleared, it was time to dig windows out and clean off the roofs. Joash is here on the drift in front of the dairy barn.

The wind did some really interesting things with the snow. The snow is packed in very hard, so you can walk quite easily on top of the drifts. 
 Drifting behind the barn.
 Some waves in the middle of the pasture.

The kids love being out in the snow. Joash really likes to dig holes. One thing he really wanted to do today was dig the swing out. And then he and Mataya played in the hole for while after that.
We are very thankful for a warm house, that we are right here by the farm, for plow drivers and for having no real reason to leave right now. What a winter!


Tam Velderman said…
Great pictures, Denise~
It's fun to be able to see life for your family on PEI.

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for 2018

So about this time of the year last year, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and finally came to the conclusion that I was not keeping very good track of things and my life. So, I bought and planner and I love it. But, in my search for a planner, I kept thinking there has to be something that can not only help me plan well, but also help and encourage me spiritually. Then, last year Jamie Ivey highlighted Anchored Press in her 2016 Gift Giving Guide. And I knew I was going to be getting a planner from Anchored Press for 2018.
And it has arrived! And I love it!

I am so excited to start using this planner in the new year. I hope that it will help encourage me in all areas of my life.

Coming Home from Michigan

Following the Truck Parade, we spent a bit of time at a park near Nick and Dawn's house. And then off to airport. 
We were nicely on time. Check-in went fine, but a little longer because of Gideon not being connected to our family. Security was a breeze and we were soon on our way and in Detroit. We easily found our gate in Detroit, had a 10 minute delay for boarding, but soon enough we were on the plane.
And that it when the bottom fell out. 
While on the plane, the pilots revived notice that Toronto was shut down due to weather. We waited about 20-30 minutes on the plane. They gave us snacks. Then they had us get off the plane and wait in the terminal. Every 30 minutes or so we would be updated that we were still delayed. And we were watching dark clouds and lightening roll into the area surround Detroit, too. Soon, the Detroit airport was shut down too. They brought out snacks and drinks a few different times, but finally around 10 pm (so over 5 hours of being delayed in the a…

L.M Montgomery's Beginning and End

My birthday present to myself this year was to join the Modern Mrs. Darcy Book Club. It is an online book club and I am so excited to be a part of it. I haven't been in book club in a long time, mostly because all of the invitations I get usually end with, "and at our meetings, we usually don't talk about the book very much, so it doesn't matter if you read it or not." What is the point of a book club if you are not actually going to talk about the book? So, anyway, I am excited to be a part of a community of people who read as much as I do and like to talk about what they read.
I was even more excited when I learned that the pick for November was going to be Emily of New Moon. And since I have lived on PEI for almost 7 years and had yet to visit L. M. Montgomery's Birthplace, I figured it was high time. So the kids and I hopped in the van this afternoon and drove through some lovely countryside to New London, PEI.

 The little home is full of all sorts of Mo…