Skip to main content

Thoughts on a Blustery Day

I am certainly glad got out yesterday. Today is a great day for staying inside out of this weather. I am cetainly glad it is not snow, even though my husband would argue otherwise.

I have another thing to add to my list of things I miss--Chex cereal. How do they no have Chex Mix here? How am I suppose to male Puppy Chow? Or any other yummy goody that calls for Chex? Grr.

And a strange thing I have noticed around here. Not only do people put up the usual Christmas lights, but there is also this odd trend of putting up spotlights to illuminate the front of your house. I could understand this if there was a nice manger scene or if you put a lot of greens up on your house or something like that. However, most them have nothing but lights up. So, they put a spotlight on their Christmas lights. Why? I don't get it. Another variation on this is illuminate a large tree in your yard with spotlights. Not a nice pine or anything like that, but just a random, leafless tree. I don't understand.

Wilbert says maybe it looks cooler when there is snow. I highly doubt it. I think he is sick of going places with at night because all do is rant about how silly it looks. He finally encouraged me to blog about it to get it off my chest. Hopefully this works.

Comments

csvan said…
Crispex, it's basically the same cereal, just a different shape!

I am at a loss on the spotlights too. I think it's a Maritime thing. They don't do it out West, anyway...
The Talens said…
So where can you get Crispex here? I looked at both Sobeys and Superstore.

Popular posts from this blog

The Wind Blows in Sleeping Grass by Katie Powner

A fter years of drifting, fifty-year-old Pete Ryman has settled down with his potbellied pig, Pearl, in the small Montana town of Sleeping Grass--a place he never expected to see again. It's not the life he dreamed of, but there aren't many prospects for a high-school dropout like him. Elderly widow Wilma Jacobsen carries a burden of guilt over her part in events that led to Pete leaving Sleeping Grass decades ago. Now that he's back, she's been praying for the chance to make things right, but she never expected God's answer to leave her flat on her face--literally--and up to her ears in meddling. When the younger sister Pete was separated from as a child shows up in Sleeping Grass with her eleven-year-old son, Pete is forced to face a past he buried long ago, and Wilma discovers her long-awaited chance at redemption may come at a higher cost than she's willing to pay. I really enjoyed this book. The characters in it were interesting and unique. While some thing...

4 Weeks Already

Check out my four week muscles! I can't believe that Joash is four weeks old already. It seems like it was just yesterday that was born. Thankfully things are going really well. Today he had another check up with the public health nurse and he is out of the woods weight wise now. I am so thankful for this. Now we can just do our own thing and let Joash take more of the lead as to when he would like to feed and things like that. He always eats so much better when he wants to eat. As he grows, he is more alert too, which is quite fun. It is pretty clear that he needs his sleep though, too. Today's public health visit overlapped with his nap time and was all out of sorts until 1:00 when he finally settled in for a nap after his second feeding following the public health nurse visit. It amazes me how I can be pretty frustrated with him and then looks at me with his big blue eyes and does something cute that makes my heart melt once again.

Emissary by Thomas Locke

When you open the pages of Emissary by Thomas Locke, you enter a world quite different from our own. Magic is practised, but only in certain places and ways. There are legends and myths of what happened thousands of years ago. And a dark, evil force is slowly threatening the peace this world has known for the last thousand years. And the one person who may have the answer to it all is an unlikely hero named Hyam. As a child, Hyam studied in the Long Hall with the magicians who know and practice magic. His gift was to be able to learn languages with an astounding speed. Yet, he was dismissed from the hall and only returned when his mother begged him too on her death bed. Hyam soon discovers he has powers beyond the mastery of language and understand the the fate and future of this world rests in his hands. Along the way, he teams up with Trace, an older magician who leaves his post as Master of a Long Hall to assist Hyam. He also frees a woman named Joelle and their friendship ...