Skip to main content

35th Birthday

It was my 35th birthday earlier this week. When my family asked what I wanted to do, I said I wanted to go to Shining Water Family Fun Park with my family. (Well most of the family. We decided it would be more fun for everyone if Gideon spent the day with Oma and Opa.) It is something I had been wanting to do with the kids all summer and weather was looking great on my birthday, so that was the day. And it was so fun!

Big fish!
  Shining Waters is a mix of amusement parks rides and water slides. I think our kids were the perfect ages to introduce them to the world of amusement parks. They were both tall enough to do almost everything. Joash was super brave and excited and tired just about everything once (except for the water slides. Everyone had to go down individually and neither of the kids were ready for that). Joash even dared to do the larger of the two roller coasters they have and he loved it so much, he did it three times!
Roller coaster time! Joash and I are in the first car.
 Mataya was not as brave, but still had fun. It is well thought out park as there are other simple play structures by the bigger rides, which are great for entertaining those that are waiting. Her favorite ride of the ones she tried was the Crazy Submarine. We did that one three times as well.
The kids got stuck in the brig of the pirate ship!

Pirate ship paddle boats!
We had such a great day. The weather was perfect, hot with a nice breeze. So, it was lovely to be in the water park later in the afternoon. The kids did great. We were so impressed with the lack of complaining we heard from them, as it easily could have gone the other way. We packed a picnic lunch as they have a great picnic area.

After our day at Shining Waters, we had supper in Avonlea Village. While most of my family got some Cow's ice cream for dessert, I opted for some Anne of Green Gables Chocolates.

What a great way to spend my birthday!


Popular posts from this blog

A Farm Boy Already

I don't fully understand how this happens, but Gideon already loves the tractor. If he is in the kitchen or the living room and he hears the sound of the tractor, he crawls to the closest window and has a look outside. When he sees it, he often starts drumming on the window sill, so excited. He repeats a little "T" sound, like he is trying to say tractor. He hasn't actually gone for a ride in the tractor, yet. But I think he will be pretty excited to that some day soon.

Storybook Character Day 2016

Today was Storybook Character Day at Joash's school. I tried to make it easy on myself and encouraged Joash to use one of the costumes we have on hand. So, he picked the chef costume and took the book Sam the Chef.  Notice anything about his face? I didn't have time to take a picture before school and we got a call right around lunch time that Joash had a pretty bad fall on the asphalt at school during recess. He was pretty shook up about, so I went to pick him up early today. He seems pretty much his normal self now, so we are not too worried. And of course, school pictures are on the 31st, so we will have to see how well he has healed by then.

Summer Vacation 2017

This was supposed to be the first of probably a few post about our wonderful family vacation in Michigan with my parents and sisters.

Instead it is a post about our vacation, on PEI. The kids at home with Oma, Opa, Tante Reina and Wilbert. Wilbert home with the kids or visiting the hospital.

At 4 am on the morning of July 15th, instead of going to the airport to fly to Michigan with the kids, Wilbert and I drove to the hospital where I was soon admitted and fast tracked to have my gall bladder removed.

A little bit of background. I have been struggling for a while with random bouts of pain in my abdomen and back. Back in October of 2016, I did go the ER with this pain. At that time, the doctor determined I was having esophageal spasms, a surprisingly common thing for a woman who had a baby 5 or 6 month ago. After my time in the ER, I did not have any further issues until April of this year.

In April, I had 10 of these episodes in 20 days. Most often they would last for 30 minu…