Skip to main content

Moving: Part 5 - The House Tour

I think this might be the post that a lot of people have been waiting for. So, without further ado...this is our house:

From the back side. If you ever come to visit me, the driveway will naturally take you around to the back side of the house. Please use the back door. We have only opened the front door to move stuff in and other then that, it stays locked.
The living room...still a work in progress. We are waiting for some new windows that are supposed to be installed soon. So, we don't really have this room set up at all. I think it will undergo a few changes yet, but it works for now.
The kitchen when you look in from the living room.
In the kitchen looking at the living room. It is a pretty nice set up, though the stove is really far away from everything else.
The dining area. We really like the "L"-shaped counter and how it divides this space.
Upstairs now. Can you guess whose room this is? As you can see, we have a bit of work to do here. But, we have the basic elements. We just got our car seat/stroller combo and the crib is lying on the floor in the box waiting to be assembled. I will post new pictures once the baby's room is finished.
The little room, which we are using for storage and I have declared my card-making/scrap booking area as well. That way I don't have to haul all of my supplies up and down the stairs.
The bathroom. Everything is pretty standard here. Though the toilet is really close to the tub.
And our room with our new bed! There is a closet to the left and a dresser to the right, but you don't need pictures of those.

So, that is our house, minus the basement. The basement is pretty basic. It is all cement, which is nice, since we did think some of it was dirt at first. The laundry is down in the basement, but it has its own room, so that is nice.

In the next post I think I will highlight some of the interesting things we have discovered about this house. Some are really cool and some are really weird.

Comments

Mark said…
Cool! What a nice place! Did you guys buy it?
The Talens said…
Nope. We are renting it. It will most likely be home for the next two years or so.

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for 2018

So about this time of the year last year, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and finally came to the conclusion that I was not keeping very good track of things and my life. So, I bought and planner and I love it. But, in my search for a planner, I kept thinking there has to be something that can not only help me plan well, but also help and encourage me spiritually. Then, last year Jamie Ivey highlighted Anchored Press in her 2016 Gift Giving Guide. And I knew I was going to be getting a planner from Anchored Press for 2018.
And it has arrived! And I love it!


I am so excited to start using this planner in the new year. I hope that it will help encourage me in all areas of my life.

L.M Montgomery's Beginning and End

My birthday present to myself this year was to join the Modern Mrs. Darcy Book Club. It is an online book club and I am so excited to be a part of it. I haven't been in book club in a long time, mostly because all of the invitations I get usually end with, "and at our meetings, we usually don't talk about the book very much, so it doesn't matter if you read it or not." What is the point of a book club if you are not actually going to talk about the book? So, anyway, I am excited to be a part of a community of people who read as much as I do and like to talk about what they read.
I was even more excited when I learned that the pick for November was going to be Emily of New Moon. And since I have lived on PEI for almost 7 years and had yet to visit L. M. Montgomery's Birthplace, I figured it was high time. So the kids and I hopped in the van this afternoon and drove through some lovely countryside to New London, PEI.



 The little home is full of all sorts of Mo…

Coming Home from Michigan

Following the Truck Parade, we spent a bit of time at a park near Nick and Dawn's house. And then off to airport. 
We were nicely on time. Check-in went fine, but a little longer because of Gideon not being connected to our family. Security was a breeze and we were soon on our way and in Detroit. We easily found our gate in Detroit, had a 10 minute delay for boarding, but soon enough we were on the plane.
And that it when the bottom fell out. 
While on the plane, the pilots revived notice that Toronto was shut down due to weather. We waited about 20-30 minutes on the plane. They gave us snacks. Then they had us get off the plane and wait in the terminal. Every 30 minutes or so we would be updated that we were still delayed. And we were watching dark clouds and lightening roll into the area surround Detroit, too. Soon, the Detroit airport was shut down too. They brought out snacks and drinks a few different times, but finally around 10 pm (so over 5 hours of being delayed in the a…